Sunday 31 January 2010

I've been feeling a little inattentive to my poor blog recently - mainly because I've been so busy in the past few weeks. Far from a life filled with idle contemplation - of the view from the window, the many channels of our new TV or simply the rest of the bed, I have, in fact, become inundated with daily tasks. Since arriving here, I have:
1) Started teaching a class in journalism at Kansas University
2) Started taking two classes myself, in Feminist Political Theory (scary) and Non-Fiction Writing (wonderful)
3) Joined a choir, the Kansas City Chorale
4) Joined a gym and started taking yoga classes
5) Started skiing regularly at Snow Creek, a small and hilarious 'resort' close to here
6) Hosted my first dinner party - and made pastry by hand.
On Wednesday, I start quilting classes.
So, plenty of food for writing - but so little time to write. Terrible excuse. I will do better. I also notice that my critical edge seems to be softening. Perhaps, dare I say it, I am becoming acclimatised to the American way of life? I've noticed it no longer frustrates me so much to drive at the cripplingly slow speed of 35mph, for example. Horrors. I need to discover my inner bitch again, immediately. Perhaps quilting class will help. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment