Tuesday 24 August 2010

The road trip, continued...

I've been on the the road with the Ford Fiesta World Tour for three days now, and already I've lost all sense of time. Ask me where I am and I probably couldn't tell you. Today when I was doing a video blog I had to retake it three times because I kept forgetting where I was filming from.

Nevertheless, it's actually quite fun. OK, so the 6am starts and midnight bedtimes aren't great, and driving for seven hours in a Ford Fiesta doesn't rank as one of the world's most orgasmic experiences, but I like the people I'm travelling with and we're forming a fun little team. As the only girl, I am like a little pet for the boys, and they indulge my slight tardiness in the morning, my need to pee frequently by the roadside and my constant requirement to eat with ease. I've also discovered that Anthony, the photographer shares my slightly dirty sense of humour which makes the long journeys rather more entertaining.

Plus, when we have a good story it's always good for a laugh. Today, for example, we were interviewing a guy who makes art on dirty cars. As in, he doesn't just write 'wash me' on the back, he actually spends time creating intricate artworks - which inevitably wash off moments later, which happened today. But before that happened, he had created the most beautiful drawing of two Texas longhorn cattle on the back windscreen of one of the Fiestas - I personally was gutted when it washed straight off when the storm broke. I'll post pictures later. Anyway, we all felt pretty jolly after we'd done the interview and there was a general high, which was nice.

Now we're on our way to Dallas, where tomorrow we're touring the Dallas Cowboys stadium. Two hours to go until we get there. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. This Scott Wade character seems to have found yet another new niche in the art market, which I had deemed virtually impossible having recently been drawn to the attention of a artist I wouldn't have called smutty for using his 'old chap' to paint, had his portfolio not centred almost entirely around scantily clad women. Good luck with your trip.

    ReplyDelete