Monday 12 July 2010

Mosquito bites and fun blogs

Spent most of today generally doing nothing very much/drinking tea and browsing the internet, not even reading anything in depth but jumping from one web page to the next. I'm distracted by the insane number of mosquito bites on my legs and feet, deposited there on Saturday night, which was mostly spent at various friends' houses drinking wine outside, far too near rivers, from whence the mosquito came. The Major took pity on me this afternoon and conveyed me to CVS, where I piced up hydrocortisone cream and antihistimane, which the pharmacy lady said would help. Time will tell. Even she was impressed by my lumpy legs. They are truly gross.
Anyway, I came across some fun sites when I was browsing, which made me determined to make this blog better and more linkable etc etc. So that is my new mission. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, I was enjoying reading the shoe ramblings of an old acquaintance I studied with at Cardiff University's postgraduate journalism school - Tiffany Wright blogs about wearing a different pair of shoes every day. Quite fun. Then I found this site, which I am going to join and hopefully it will provide inspiration. Then I chanced upon this one, which is lots of fun and I am going to send them a recipe for courgette cake, which is the latest recipe in my attempts to use up the enormous number of courgettes that my vegetable patch has produced. For more on this, click here to read my Lady blog on the subject!

1 comment:

  1. Here are a few more to inspire you Lucy: www.dooce.com, www.thepioneerwoman.net, www.elletea.wordpress.com. I'll pass on any others I remember. x

    ReplyDelete