Wednesday 7 July 2010

Forced to make a firm phone call to the British Embassy in Washington this morning. I have a subscription to the Spectator, you see, which gets sent out, via our BFPO account, to Washington. They do postings twice a week, so in theory, I should receive my mag weekly - albeit perhaps a week out of date. But no, this morning a package arrived containing not one but two Spectators, dated the 19th and 26th June. It is now July 7th. I accept that, if I am too cheap to pay the inflated overseas subscription fee, I can expect to receive my reading matter a little tardily. But for the Embassy to simply save up my post and send it off in one go slightly defeats the point of reading a news magazine. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Online reading perhaps? You can get at least some of the Spectator online, can't you?

    ReplyDelete