Friday 5 February 2010

If you'd told me, six months ago, that I was going to take up quilting and become really rather excited at the prospect of sewing, I wouldn't have believed you.
Nevertheless, it has come to pass. Quilting is pretty big stuff round here, and in an effort to produce some material for this blog, I decided to go along to a free class. What I hadn't expected was to b quite so seduced.
After an hour or so of learning about the different terms and what works in terms of colour, we all (there are about five of us in the class) sped off to a little quilting shop in Eudora (one horse town, feels like you're in a wild west movie). A sign in the window proclaimed that Jesus is Lord, and the background music was primarily worship music, of the syrupy variety. Nevertheless, there was a ot of lovely fabric. I had intended to stay 40 minutes at most. Two hours later I walked out, dazed, parted of cold hard cash and clutching a pile of material. I vowed to complete the quilt and tick it off the list.
Yesterday, I found myself outside a fabric emporium in another town. I am now in posession of two sets of different material. That's two quilts. Perhaps I have a new career ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! You should post pics of your quilts up here.

    ReplyDelete